A creative brief helps you determine your site's purpose and audience. This is the first step when creating a new site or choosing a new site design.
General project information, goals and relevant background. Some questions are specific to the CMS and can be skipped if not relevant.
- Site URL(s):
- What is the single most important purpose of the site?
- What areas of the current site are successful and why? What areas need the most improvement?
Who is the target audience?
- Profile the target audience(s). Choose a typical user: include age range, frequency they’ll visit this site and any other relevant information.
- Rank the top 3-5 tasks visitors would perform when visiting the site (i.e. set up an advising appointment, calculate GPA, get news headlines).
What do you want the target audience to know when they visit?
- If you could get one message across, what would it be?
- If redesigning, how will you measure the success of the redesigned site?
- What adjectives can be used to describe the way your site should be perceived?
- List any OU sites that have a visual design that appeals to you and explain why.
- Outline any ideas you might have for the site and how these features would support your goals and goals of your users.